Call for Registration: Sahara Impact Fund Program 2023
Sahara Foundation, the corporate citizenship vehicle for leading energy and infrastructure conglomerate, Sahara Group, is calling on all social innovators and entrepreneurs across Africa including Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Zambia, for registration for its Sahara Impact Fund (SIF) program.
The initiative, a strategic partnership between Sahara Foundation and LEAP Africa aims to provide support to business ideas and solutions which will increase access to clean energy and promote sustainable environments.
“The aim of the program is to better equip the young social entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses which will in turn grow their respective economies, contributing to the growth of the continent at large. We believe that entrepreneurs and game-changing business owners are the backbone of the African economy and are essential to its growth and development. Therefore, our goal is to provide the resources and support they need to succeed while improving lives and livelihood within their communities and across the Africa continent as a whole” Ejiro Gray, Director, Sahara Group Foundation, said.
- SIF is open to African social enterprises and entrepreneurs across the following countries- Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Zambia, between the ages of 25-40.
- Organisations must have been in existence for at least one year.
- Organisations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas of Clean and Affordable Energy and Sustainable Environment.
- Nonprofits or social businesses must be registered with their country’s relevant regulatory and government bodies as funding will not be given to cater for that, or to individuals in their personal capacity.
- Only technology based innovative solutions with measurable community impact will be considered. submissions must show evidence through provision of web links and other online presence.
- All submitted social solutions must have been implemented, must be at the growth stage and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc must be documented and shared during the application.
- Innovations must show sustainability and scalability.
- SIF applications end April 30, 2023.
- All entries for this fund must be in English or French.
- Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
- No entry fee, or payment of any kind is required.
- Winners will be announced via our social media channels and awards will be given at our offices in the countries where the competition is held.
Interested social innovators and entrepreneurs can visit https://saharagroupfoundation.org/sif/ to apply.
BREAKING! FG, NLC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock
Adron Sports Foundation Hosts Basketball Slam and Dunk Championship
“I Am Neither Arrested Not Hiding Over Any Issue” – Topaz Gardens Chairman, Murphy Adebare Speaks
Naija Super 8: How Fans Voted
Ikeja Electric, Sahara Group Foundation Build Travelers’ Lodge for Ipaja Police Divisional Headquarters
Glo wins ‘Africa’s Beacon of ICT’ honour award
ASR Africa launches tech-based mentorship programme for girls in tertiary institutions across northern Nigeria
Lagos lawyer drags AIICO Insurance company to court over breach of contract
BREAKING! NNPC Increases Fuel Price, Sells At N537/Litre
ZENITH BANK MAINTAINS POSITION AS ‘BEST CORPORATE GOVERNANCE FINANCIAL SERVICES’ IN AFRICA FOR THE FOURTH CONSECUTIVE TIME
Untold Story Of How Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun Was Embarrassed During Inauguration Ceremony
Transitioning Naija Lives Matter To Non-Partisan Mode Is Consistent With Our Organisation-Dr. Banwo
Politics1 day ago
JUST IN: Confusion In APC As Dele Alake Denies Appointment As Tinubu’s Spokesperson
CRIME1 day ago
BREAKING! Court Sentences Ramon Adedoyin To Death By Hanging Over Timothy Adegoke’s Death
News2 days ago
Vote Buying: PDP Warns Abiodun, APC For Making Frantic Efforts at Stalling Investigations
Politics1 day ago
With Governor Agbu Kefas, The Set Time For Taraba State Is Now! By Oluwatosin Alex